This week saw our Operations Team start witnessing the first signs of ‘Christmas volumes’ impacting our carrier’s ability to perform. With volumes set to increase week on week between Monday 30.10.23 and the week commencing Monday 11.12.23 – we wanted to provide a best practice guide to help navigate the peak season.
Our Opening Hours for the Festive Season 2023/24
- Friday 22nd – 7:00am to 7:00pm ACDT
- Saturday 23rd – Closed
- Sunday 24th – Closed
- Monday 25th – Closed
- Tuesday 26th – Closed
- Wednesday 27th – Open 7:00am to 7:00pm ACDT
- Thursday 28th – Open 07:00am to 07:00pm ACDT
- Friday 29th – Open 07:00am to 07:00pm ACDT
- Saturday 30th – Closed
- Sunday 31st – Closed
- Monday 01st – Closed
- Tuesday – Open 07:00am to 07:00pm ACDT
Delivery Location Details
- Full business name per signage at delivery location.
- Contact name, email address, and phone number.
- Any information required for delivery (Reference numbers, timeslot details, other requirements) is provided in special instructions.
- Selecting any applicable services required (Hydraulic tailgate, hand unload, residential delivery, dangerous goods).
- For urgent/time-sensitive freight we recommend using a second label on the freight as a safety net.
- If it is a custom item/one-off – please take of photo of this.
- For ‘breakdown pallets’ use appropriate stickers. If you require some, please reach out to your account manager and we can send you some.
- If your shipment is mission-critical, reach out to our support team to discuss a Clique Travel Guarantee shipment.
- If a shipment has multiple special requirements/delivery instructions – pre-alert our support team who will ensure the carrier is aware of these & monitor as required.
- More volume means the potential for more missed pickups and transit delays. Please ensure freight is booked and manifested as early as possible each day.
- Booking local courier consignments early in the day/on upgraded services such as express/priority leads to fewer ‘missed’ consignments.
Project Consignments/Full Trailer Loads
Project consignments and full trailer load shipments do get significantly more difficult to source in a timely, cost-effective manner, especially as we get close to December. Please provide as much notice as possible for these shipments to provide the best opportunity to source the required vehicle.
Lead times for satchels and other transport-related stationary will increase over the coming weeks – we encourage all our customers to do a stocktake and place any orders in the coming fortnight to ensure you have adequate supplies for the Christmas period.